Casual Friday

students 70s 045

It’s undated but I’m guessing sometime in the ’70s based on the hair. You sure can’t tell from the bathrobes, which are relatively immune to fashion.

Bonus: A closeup of the azimuth marker!

IMG_2182

10 Responses to Casual Friday

1. I think that is between Lovett and WRC. That looks like the back side of the WRC commons and the shed would be Sammy’s House.

2. loki_the_bubba says:

Looks like Lovett Quad with the owl cage in the back.

3. Karen says:

I think this might be associated with Night of Innocence. I believe that started in the mid to late seventies, which would be about the right timing. The guy with the beard looks like Marc Hairston.

4. Marc Hairston says:

Yes, that’s me in the picture. This must have been taken just before the second Night of Innocence in October 1978. We were more organized the second year and more folks wanted to join in. And that’s why we’re all in our pajamas and bathrobes. Unfortunately the picture is so blurry I don’t recognize most of the folks in there (other than they were all Sid Rich members). I think that’s Mike Drews at the top with the cap.

• Stacy Clark says:

Are you able to post it on a specifically Rice group on Facebook or on Classmates.com? People who recognize themselves might comment.

Your Arthur Dent impression is priceless!

5. Stacy Clark says:

Definitely. That is Dr. Marc Hairston. Who are all these other folks, please?

6. Karen says:

The picture looked familiar to me. I think it may have been in the Campanile. If I have time, I’ll see if I can find it. It might be a better image, and it might be possible to identify others.

7. Randy says:

Looks like the Sid RIch Country Club to me…