Friday Follies: Bacchanalia, sort of

I’m not sure that this is such a great idea.

9 Responses to Friday Follies: Bacchanalia, sort of

1. marmer01 says:

That is not me, although it looks something like me.

2. Keith Cooper says:

Late 70’s NOD?

3. Clark Herring says:

Not the Bakaer Feat which was much more of a Bacchanal in the late 70’s especially after the lights went out.

4. Steve Lukingbeal, Hanszen 1976 says:

That picture was definately taken at Hanszen in either 1976 or 1977. In the middle is Dr. Leider, the Hanszen assistant Master who taught sociology. To his left is Jay whose last name I can’t remember. He was a member of the Flaming Avocados intramural and coed social club of about 20 Hanszenites founded by Paul
    Simpson, Trent Primm, and Ron Osborn. I believe the extremely tall fellow was discus thrower Buddy Briscoe who loved to chat with Dr. Leiter about his deviance clas, but it may be another very tall football player who looks like Buddy.

• Rick Miller, Hanszen 1975 (and 1976) says:

Yes, it is Buddy. As indicated it has to be prior to summer of 1975 since this is the east wall of the old commons. You can tell by the design on the other side of the glass

• Kermit Lancaster says:

Jay Shilstone, I believe.

5. degb00 says:

This picture is in the Campanile somewhere, because I’ve seen it many times. If that fretwork outside the windows shows it is the old commons (before the fire) then it must be in 1974-75. The fire that destroyed the Hanszen commons (piled with mattresses since the old section was being renovated) was in the summer of 1975. When I arrived at Hanszen in 1976, I was in the first freshman class to use the new commons which had just been built. Ironically they used cork tiles on the ceiling which had a burnt surface that made the place smell a little smoky for months.